Network Orchestration(National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT))
Virtualization technologies for network infrastructure
- Switch/router virtualization
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Networking for cloud computing
Next- and new-generation network infrastructure technologies
- IPv6 and beyond-IPv6 technologies
- Infrastructure technology for service-oriented networks such as mobile networks, sensor networks, content-centric networks, etc.
Orchestration technology for large-scale network infrastructures
- Management of wide-area and virtualized networks
- Advanced Traffic engineering
- Multi-domain networks
The Network Orchestration Laboratory is a collaborative laboratory with the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT). In particular, we are developing the JGN-X network testbed, a nation-wide experimental network infrastructure founded by NICT. JGN provides high-speed international connectivity to the United States, China, Korea, Singapore, and Thailand, and forms part of a global R&E network infrastructure. Those students who are interested in real-world ICT infrastructure technologies find great opportunities to conduct research not only utilizing the facilities of JGN, but also applying their products to JGN.