3. The Latest Research Faculities
The school provides advanced research facilities and environment to support independent research.
Mandara Network and Mandara System
The MANDARA system is information processing environment supporting advanced research at NAIST, that provides large scale storage servers over one petabyte (1015), computing servers of teraFLOPS class and high performance workstations allocated to every member.
The MANDARA network is ultra high-speed campus network with a maximum data rate of ten gigabits per second forming the base of the MANDARA system. This network connects to the Internet with a data rate of ten gigabits per second and makes possible ultra high-speed communication with sites over the world for usage of various services on wide-area networks.
Digital library and archive
NAIST digital library allows any users to read books, magazines and research reports 24 hours a day through the MANDARA network. Audiovisual materials, including lecture archive, lectures and educational videos are also available.
Cutting-edge research facilities
Each research field is equipped with the latest research facilities to support cutting-edge research.
- 7-DOF manipulator controlled by pneumatic artificial muscles
- Multi-tilt camera system
- Advanced dual robot arm-hand system
- Omnidirctional 3D measurement vehicle
- Heterogeneous robots
- Tele-presence transmitter
- Internet vehicle with omnidirectional sensors
- CAVE with treadmill
- Immersive dome
- Sound reproduction system
- Speech-oriented information guidance system (Takemaru)
- Behavior Media System
- Bioscience measurement equipment
- Evanescent microscope
- Ultra-short pulse laser microscope spectrometer
- Super-high definition image interactive system
- Unmaned airship for outdoor sensing
- Computation server
- Experimental system for wide area networks
- Optical motion captureing system/KARADA(body) measurement center
- Humanoid Robot HRP-4
- Hands-free interactive robot Kitarobo
- Eye movement measurement device
- Large-scale logic circuit verification equipment
- Large-scale simulation equipment
- Large-scale document processing system
- Ubiquitous display
- Software data strage system
- Intensive analysis system
- Near-infrared Spectroscopy System
- Data Analysis System
- High-speed storage server and processing system