We research symbiotic technologies to link society, environment, objects, information and energy with people. Also, we design new system architectures to realize a safe and rich society and more comfortable lifestyles. Currently we are creating new elemental technologies such as:
1. Open community co-creation systems
2. Work-flow analysis with various sensor data
3. Intellectual productivity measurement and support systems
4. Sensing of individual emotion and behavior characteristics
5. Wearable bio-sensing
6. Behavior diffusion simulation based on social dynamics
7. Systems for enhancing community activity
1. Interdisciplinary collaboration
We pursue new technology through collaboration with experts in informatics, psychology, cognitive science, sociology, library science, economics, business management, media design, interactive arts, media science, etc.
2. Open and global research environment
We invite many researchers and internship students from Europe, Oceania and Asia to the open laboratory at NEC. Students of our laboratory learn about various research fields and foreign languages, while gaining a global point of view.